Monday, September 01, 2008

Torres Eager For 'Special' Madrid Return


This weeks Champions League draw will see Fernando Torres revisit Vicente Calderon as Atletico Madrid are pitted in the same group as Liverpool.

Fernando Torres spent six idolised years at Atletico Madrid, accumulating a multitude of appearances despite his young age.

El Nino hasn't taken long to win over the Liverpool support scoring some fantastic goals in his debut season, and looks set to continue that trend this campaign.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.tv, Torres said: "It will be very special for me and I’m sure that I’m going to enjoy the experience. I hope to get a good reception from the fans because Atletico gave me a lot, although I also gave a lot to Atletico."

"I understand that when the game starts they will see me as a rival, but I’ll never forget the years I spent there," he said.

"It will be an amazing feeling to run out onto the Vicente Calderon pitch again and meet up with old team-mates and friends," he concluded.

Liverpool travel to Madrid on Wednesday the 22nd of October.

No comments: