Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Riera Ready For Reds Challenge


Albert Riera did not consider joining another club after discovering he was a target of Liverpool.

The former Espanyol winger moved to Anfield on Monday as Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez paid an undisclosed fee ahead of the transfer window deadline.

And having completed his move to Merseyside, Reira, who had a loan spell at Manchester City in 2006, is looking forward to the challenge.

The Spain international will be charged with the task of ending Liverpool's problems on the left of midfield, but he welcomes the pressure.

"As soon as I knew they were interested in me I knew there was only one club that I wanted to sign for and thankfully it has now happened," Riera, who had also been chased by Everton, told Liverpool's official website.

"I know I will have to work very hard to get into the team because there are a lot of good players here but that is a challenge I am looking forward to.

"It feels really good to be a Liverpool player and I am really happy to be at this club.

"I am looking forward to working with the manager and the players."

No comments: