Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Foxes Strike Martin Deal

Leicester have signed Liverpool goalkeeper David Martin on a six-month loan deal.

The 22-year-old agreed a new contract with the Reds this summer to keep him at Anfield until 2010, but he has been allowed to leave temporarily to get some regular football.

He becomes the second Liverpool player to join up with Nigel Pearson's side following Jack Hobbs' arrival last month.

"At my age, gaining first-team experience is of paramount importance and that is why I have come to Leicester," said Martin.

"I certainly want to make the most of my time here and hopefully Leicester will benefit from my arrival as well."

Martin has yet to make a senior appearance for Liverpool but he was on the substitutes' bench in the 8-0 victory over Besiktas in the UEFA Champions League last season.

He has also spent time at Milton Keynes Dons and Accrington Stanley earlier in his career.

No comments: