Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dirk Kuyt: I Want To Stay At Liverpool For As Long As The Club Wants Me


Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt claims he has been reassured by Reds manager Rafael Benitez that he still has a future at the club.

The Dutchman found himself playing for much of last season on the right side of midfield, as Benitez opted to play just Fernando Torres up front.

Robbie Keane’s arrival from Tottenham means the 28-year-old is unlikely to be a regular starter in his favoured position even if the Spaniard reverts back to a two-man strikeforce this season.

Kuyt, who scored three goals in 32 appearances for the Anfield club last term, was recently linked with a move to German side Hamburg, but he remains desperate to stay on Merseyside.

And he insists Benitez is happy to grant him his wish.

"I’m really happy at Liverpool and I want to stay here for as long as the club wants me," Kuyt told www.liverpoolfc.tv.

"I am really settled here and I like the city. The most important thing is I like the club and I’ve really enjoyed the two seasons I’ve been here.

"The only thing I am missing is some trophies and hopefully that will come in the next year.

"I’ve never had any intentions of leaving this club. Sometimes things are said in the press but the boss said to me that is not relevant and he wants me here with Liverpool."

No comments: