Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Reds Swoop For Danish Starlet


Liverpool have signed promising Danish youth international striker Nikola Saric on a three year deal.

The 17-year-old, who was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia, is an Under-18 international for Denmark.

The former Herfolge player was recently on trial with SC Heerenveen at the Otten Cup tournament, hosted by PSV Eindhoven.

In 2007 Saric was named Denmark's Under-17 Player of the Year.

Saric told Herfolge's official website: "Of course, I want to join Liverpool FC.

"I will get to train with the big names over there and develop in the reserves. It is a tremendous chance for me and I am very happy.

"Since I feel the time is right and that I am mature enough for a new challenge, we have been waiting for the right club to come with an offer."

No comments: