Monday, July 07, 2008

Liverpool’s Yossi Benayoun: “No Way I'll Leave Liverpool”


Liverpool’s Yossi Benayoun has rubbished all reports claiming that he is heading for an exit from the club.

The Israeli insisted that leaving the club is not at all part of his plans as he loves the club and the manager Rafael Benitez simply “loves” him.

Benayoun has been linked with a move to a number of clubs over the summer but the midfielder has been quick do deny any such linkups claiming he was delighted to be a part of the Reds side and also went on to reveal his relationship with boss Benitez.

"It seems the media in Israel and England are in a contest to see who's more bored during the slow summer months," he told Ha'aretz.

"The media in England published a story [on] Friday that Rafael Benitez told me finally that I'm staying at Liverpool. These reports are the work of the writer's imagination because, even before the season ended, we determined that I would be staying.

"Benitez told me unequivocably [unequivocally] that he brought me here, that I had a very good season, that he's depending on me and that there's no way I'll leave Liverpool.

"I have very good chemistry with Benitez. He loves me. He bought me. I really enjoy being with him, moreover, I had an excellent season. I even surprised myself.

"Benitez didn't want to hear and isn't prepared to hear about any possibility of letting me go at any price.

"Liverpool is good for me and it was always clear I want to stay and Liverpool wants me. I got better offers financially but these tempting offers don't change my mind.

"If Liverpool wouldn't want me, I'd leave there in seconds. Even if I had a contract but I understood they didn't want me, I'd get up right away and leave.

"But I'm not leaving Liverpool."

No comments: