Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lee Delighted With Reds Role


Former Bolton boss Sammy Lee has declared he is delighted to be back in football since returning to Liverpool in the role of assistant manager.

Lee said: "I hated it. Since leaving school that was the longest time I had out of football.

"When you are in the game, any time you spend out of it is not a happy time. I just found it incredibly frustrating.

"I was able to go and watch matches, but I wasn't the best around the house and you tend to become a pain to the people closest to you.

"The new season can't come quick enough for me."

Lee also feels his tenure as Bolton manager in 2007 will help him with his coaching future.

He added: "My time at Bolton will certainly help me to become a better coach.

"I was very proud and honoured to be given the job and it was only heavily outweighed by the sense of disappointment I had of it not going well.

"Yes, I would have liked longer - you always do - but the facts are I got five points from nine games. I understand why I lost my job. But the Bolton fans were superb to me, my family and the players while I was there.

"I'm still fairly young and the short experience hasn't diminished my ambitions for management.

"But I am focused entirely on Liverpool now and I want to be a part of the success here."

No comments: