Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hammill Ties Up Blackpool Loan


Blackpool have completed the signing of Liverpool youngster Adam Hammill on a six-month loan deal.

Skysports.com confirmed earlier on Friday that Hammill was set to move to Bloomfield Road following interest from a clutch of clubs.

The winger, who spent last season on loan at Southampton, had been keen to gain further experience away from Anfield.

Hammill admits that Blackpool had always been his preferred choice and he is looking forward to playing for Simon Grayson's side.

"We've known for the last few weeks that this is the club I wanted to join," Hammill told the club's official website.

"There's been a lot of interest, but I met Simon a few weeks back and he come across very pleasant - and we decided this was the best club for me.

"He told me about his plans for the season, his ambitions - and I was in them - that was enough for me.

"I'm just looking to have a successful season here and I can't wait til the season starts and gets the ball rolling."

No comments: