Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Voronin Vows To Repay Faith


Andrei Voronin is determined to show Liverpool supporters his true ability next season after a mixed first campaign at Anfield.

The Ukraine international arrived on Merseyside last summer on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen and initially impressed for Rafa Benitez's side.

However, the second half of the season saw injuries and a difficultly in adapting to new surroundings restrict Voronin's role in Benitez's first XI.

He is confident, though, that with another pre-season behind him he will be more acclimatised to English football and is gearing up for a successful showing next term.

"I think I started not bad," he told LFC magazine.

"I played a lot at the beginning and scored a few goals.

"Obviously the injury was a setback. There are a lot of good players here. It's competitive, so it's difficult to get straight back into the team after an injury.

"I'll do my best next season and hopefully I can help the team. I think I still have a lot to show the fans.

"When I first arrived here I didn't find it easy because I'd lived in Germany for 12 years.

"I didn't know the language but I'm gradually getting there. My wife had a baby here and, thank God, everything was okay. So I am getting more and more used to life here everyday.

"We are feeling much better than six or seven months ago. We like it here and don't have any problems with life in England or the town - except for the weather!"

No comments: