Sunday, June 01, 2008

Torres Rules Out Reds Exit


Liverpool striker Fernando Torres insists he will be at Anfield for 'many years to come'.

The Spain international enjoyed a prolific first season in England following his move from Atletico Madrid, finding the net 24 times in the Premier League.

Torres' red-hot form in front of goal has seen him linked with a number of clubs throughout Europe, with Chelsea said to be considering an astonishing £50million offer.

But the Kop idol has assured manager Rafa Benitez and the club's fans that he has no intention of moving away from Merseyside.

He said: "It is an honour to be linked to clubs like Barcelona, Chelsea, or Arsenal - but I am not thinking about a change and I want to continue playing for Liverpool for many years to come.

"It's been quite easy for me. I have been able to enjoy every minute at a club where things have gone well.

"I have been part of a team where every player shares the same goals and where a player can rely on the support of his team-mates.

"I have also worked with a manager who believed in me. It was the combination of all these factors."

No comments: