Sunday, June 29, 2008

Should Rafa Go After German Striker?

With Rafa Benitez reportedly on the look out for a foil to play alongside Fernando Torres next season, and names such as David Villa being bandied about by the press, one striker who could be available for the right price has confirmed he is thinking about a move from his present club.

Lukas Podolski, Bayern Munich's free-scoring German international has admitted that he may have to find himself a new club once the European Championships are over, after a season playing second fiddle to Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni at the Allianz Arena. Podolski told German newspaper Sport Bild:

"I will tackle this subject after the European championships. I will have enough time on holiday to think about my situation and I will make a decision on my future then.

"I have made it clear to him (new Bayern manager Jurgen Klinsmann) that I am unhappy with my situation in Munich. He knows what he has in me. He has even said that he understands my problems. We shall sit down together after the Euro and see what happens."

With the ever-popular (yeh right!) Tom Hicks and George Gillett understood to be close friends with Herr Klinsmann, maybe there's a chance that if Rafa does express an interest in Podolski they could help broker a deal. But maybe this time they could talk to Rafa before making contact with the German...

No comments: