Friday, June 13, 2008

Redknapp Still Wants Crouch At Pompey

If the price is right, says Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp, he still wants to bring Peter Crouch back to Fratton Park.

Liverpool have pinned a £15 million price tag on England striker Peter Crouch - and although Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp would like the player, that valuation is considerrably higher than the South Coast club are prepared to pay.

Redknapp told The News: “We are looking, but it is not always easy to get in the people we are looking for.

“But we are moving along and something could happen soon. Crouchy is a brilliant lad and I do like him a great deal. I suppose if Peter Storrie was negotiating with Liverpool though, he wouldn't want me throwing figures around.

“We might feel Liverpool want a little too much for him even at £10million. We might want to pay a bit less, so it wouldn't be right for me to say a price.

“At the end of the day he still belongs to Liverpool.

“I doubt if they would want me talking about their players really. I've always said I like Peter, though.

“There might be a deal there. If there's not then we will move on.”

Redknapp also confirmed to the local paper that he will definitely not be pursuing an interest in Marseille's former Liverpool striker, Djibril Cisse.

Cisse's agent climed earlier this week that the player was keen on a move to Pompey, describing them as a club who matched his ambition.

But Redknapp has ended all speculation by declaring: “He is a good player and we have looked at him before. But he's not one that I'm concentrating on at the moment.”

No comments: