Friday, May 02, 2008

Xabi Scotches Transfer Talk


Liverpool playmaker Xabi Alonso has moved to end speculation linking him with a summer move back to Spain, insisting he is staying at Anfield.

Xabi has been linked with a move away, particularly this season, after newcomer Lucas Leiva had displaced him on a few occasions.

However, despite the heartbreaking defeat at the hands of Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final last night, a proud Xabi has pledged his future to the club, and is behind manager Rafael Benitez.

“My future is with Liverpool because I signed a contract," he declared. "There are many rumours but I do not pay attention to them.

“We are proud of what we have done in the Champions League and we are behind Benitez in the dressing room. I hope to play in more Champions League finals in my career.

“This defeat has hurt us a great deal but we have to show our professionalism and get on with the rest of the season.”

No comments: