Saturday, May 24, 2008

Riise - I Could Move On

Liverpool star John Arne Riise has admitted that his future at Anfield is far from certain.

The 27-year-old Norwegian has in the past expressed a desire to stay on Merseyside but it has been speculated his Liverpool career is drawing to a close.

Riise has endured an indifferent past campaign and with Liverpool closing on the signing of Udinese left-back Andrea Dossena it does looks as though Riise could be made surplus to requirements.

"I am uncertain. If I don't hear anything before the summer, I will have to consider my situation," Riise told Nettavisen.

"We have got to hope that we reach an agreement with the club about what will happen."

While an ideal scenario would see Riise remain at Liverpool, he concedes it is flattering to be linked with a number of high-profile clubs.

"A club change is not impossible," he added.

"I have said that I want to stay where I am, but there have been many rumours in the newspapers about many big clubs.

"It's fantastic to be linked with such clubs. At the same time, I am playing in a position which many clubs are trying to fill.

"I am truly enjoying myself where I am, but the situation is very uncertain at the moment.

"The most important thing is that I get to play regularly."

No comments: