Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reds - Gerrard Bid Is Fantasy


Liverpool have branded rumours of a transfer bid for Steven Gerrard from Internazionale as 'rubbish and fantasy'.

Reports in Friday's press claimed that the Italian giants are readying a colossal offer for the England international.

However, the Anfield club has dismissed the rumours outright, with a spokesman saying: "The idea is complete rubbish, fantasy, there has been no approach and no bid."

Reds skipper Gerrard, meanwhile, has reaffirmed his long-term commitment to the club, while voicing his determination to ensure Liverpool soon become a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League title race.

"I cannot see myself ever leaving Liverpool now, and what I would dearly love is to lead this club to the next level that I believe we are capable of reaching," he told the club's official website.

"I have won trophies here but there is one I am missing and I want that before I finish playing.

"I do not want to look back and say I have never been in a title race. I can see that the team is getting stronger and stronger and I can see that we are going forward.

"I feel that we are getting closer and I really believe that. We always say this every year but it will be an important summer because we need to keep the momentum.

"The manager's signings will be important as they always are. I have been lucky as a footballer and I've won more things than most players, but I am greedy because I always want more. I want to win as many trophies as I can with Liverpool."

No comments: