Monday, May 19, 2008

Liverpool’s Jamie Carragher Refuses To Rethink Decision Of Retiring From International Fold


Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has insisted that he wont be reconsidering his decision to retire from the national squad.

It was speculated that new England boss Fabio Capello was hoping to convince the defender to rethink his decision of retiring.

However the 30-year old claimed that he will be standing by his decision no wont be going back to the international fold.

"I said when I stepped away from playing for England that it would help my fitness to keep myself right for Liverpool, and this proves I made the right decision," Carragher told the Sunday Mirror.

"I feel I've benefited from regular rests during international weeks and it has helped with little knocks and niggles clearing up.

"My only disappointment was that Stevie and I didn't have another 90 minutes to add to the total by playing in the Champions League Final as well!"

No comments: