Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fernando Torres: My Delight At Getting A Liverpool Song

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres admits he is thoroughly enjoying the praise from the club’s supporters in what has been a prolific first season at Anfield.

The Spain international left home-town club Atletico Madrid for Liverpool in a £20million-plus deal last summer, and he has quickly won a place in the hearts of the Reds fans with a phenomenal return of 26 goals in 35 appearances so far.

“I feel very wanted, every game I notice it more, like when the fans chant your name against Inter in the Champions League,” the 23-year-old told Spanish radio station Punto Radio.

Torres was also a hero at Atletico, where he came through the youth ranks and was named as club captain at the age of only 19

However, despite scoring 82 goals in 214 league games for the Rojiblancos he could not bring the club any silverware, and made the decision to leave for England at the end of last season.

Torres added: “They are feelings that I had at Atleti, but to experience them away from your home is even more special and different because I have not had close bonds with the club since I was little.”

No comments: