Monday, February 04, 2008

Torres Goals Cost Liverpool


According to the News of the World, Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is costing the club £10,000 for every goal he scores.

The newspaper have revealed that one of the conditions of the deal that took him to Anfield from Atletico Madrid was that his old club are paid £150,000 for every 15 goals he scores in England.

Torres moved to Liverpool for a club record fee of around £22 million last summer, becoming the most expensive Spanish player of all time.

And fortunately for Atletico, the Spanish international has been on a red hot scoring streak of late and has scored 18 times in all competitions this season.

"I'm keeping everyone happy," said Torres. "Liverpool get the goals and Atletico get the money.

"I honestly did not think I would score as many goals as I have so soon. But things have gone well for me.

"Now I just want them to go better for the team in general so we can win the league or a cup to reward everyone's hard work."

No comments: