Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Gerrard A Future Liverpool Manager?


Steven Gerrard says he would jump at the chance to coach Liverpool one day, though conceded that his team-mate Jamie Carragher would be the most likely to actually do so amongst the current batch of Anfield stars.

Gerrard, 27, has been with the Red since his teenage days, so coaching his boyhood club would be the continuation of what has already been a glorious dream.

“If I was qualified to do it, there’s no way I could turn it down because of my bond with the club and the supporters,” he said.

“But I think Jamie’s got more chance than me. He maybe loves the game more than me. He studies the game more than me so maybe he might be a bit more prepared than me.”

Gerrard was first noticed by Liverpool's scouts at the tender age of 8, and joined the Reds as a schoolboy in 1987.

At the age of 14, the Whiston born boy had trials with various clubs, including the sworn enemy Manchester United, which Gerrard later said was only with the intent of pressuring Liverpool to give him a contract.

He then went on to sign his first professional contract with the club on 5 November 1997 and the rest is history as they say.

No comments: