Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Benitez: I Like Having Selection Problems Because All My Strikers Are Fit

Rafael Benitez hailed Fernando Torres' stunning goal against Fulham and admitted he was looking forward to more selection posers.

Following Liverpool's 8-0 win over Besiktas, manager Benitez named an unchanged side for the first time this season as the Cottagers visited Anfield on Saturday.

But the Londoners proved a stubborn outfit and it was not until the introduction of injury-hit Torres that the Reds finally made the breakthrough after 81 minutes. Steven Gerrard then clinched a 2-0 win with a late penalty after Peter Crouch was tripped.
Benitez said: "It is good he is back fit, now I have the sort of problems I like with several fit strikers to choose from.

"It was important for Torres to be back and important that he can score goals like that.

"At the end I said well done to them all, not just Torres, his job is to score goals."

No comments: