Sunday, October 14, 2007

Liverpool’s Aurelio To Move On After Injury Deprived Him Of Champions League Final & Brazil Chance


Liverpool full-back Fabio Aurelio has rued the timing of his injury blows so far in his career, but has expressed determination to move on.

The 28-year-old left-sided player joined the Reds in 2006 summer from Valencia, but had been pegged back by injury blows in his debut season, wherein he also missed being a part of the Champions League final against AC Milan.

In the past, he has missed out on earning his debut for Brazil due to injury setback.

"Missing out on a potential place in a Champions League final was a big blow for me," said Aurelio on the club’s official website.

"When I injured my knee at Valencia that also came at a bad time for me, towards the end of the season. I was top scorer at the club and had also been selected to play for Brazil.

"I couldn't go with my country in the end and missed the last three or four games of the Spanish season.

"That was a bad time, just as it was last season when I got injured. But I can't afford to think about what might have been.

"You have to leave these things behind and move on. At times like these, you need to be strong and have a lot of patience. In turn, you become stronger for it."

No comments: