Sunday, September 02, 2007

Momo Underlines Reds Commitment


Momo Sissoko has revealed he was offered the chance to join Juventus in the summer, but rejected the move because Liverpool are a bigger club.

The powerful Malian faces tough competition to secure a spot in Rafa Benitez's midfield this season with Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano all rivals for a place in central midfield.

Juventus were eager to bring in Sissoko after bidding £10million but while the 22-year-old's representatives engaged in discussions with the Turin giants, Sissoko insists his heart always remained on Merseyside.

While accepting he will have to be at his best to win playing time, Sissoko is more than content at Anfield.

"I believed that Liverpool are a much bigger club than Juventus and decided not to speak to them any longer," he told the Daily Star Sunday.

"I'm a Liverpool player and I want to show to the people here, to everyone, that I'm already at a big club.

"I'm happy to be in Liverpool. I did want to stay despite the interest. That's why I signed a new contract.

"There are five midfielders for two positions. I'm happy in Liverpool and I want to play for the club as long as I can."

1 comment:

::Lord Apprentice:: said...

Momo deffinately has improved this season, and though everyone just thinks of his as a midfield destroyer, i think his passing and footwork/dribbling has improved tremendously...love this guy