Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tevez Urged To Join Mascherano


Javier Mascherano has urged his former team-mate Carlos Tevez to join him at Liverpool.

Tevez looks certain to leave West Ham before the season starts and has been strongly linked with a move to Internazionale this summer.

The duo, who are currently playing in the Copa America tournament, signed for West Ham at the start of last season and it was Tevez' goal against Manchester United that kept the Hammers in the Premier League for the coming season.

Liverpool midfielder Mascherano believes the best move for his former team-mate would be to remain in England and make the move to Anfield.

Mascherano told the Daily Star: "It would be nice to play with Carlos again.

"Right now we are together in the Copa America and it's great.

"We'll see what is going to happen before the start of next season."

Mascherano went on to praise Tevez, and although he feels he would be a strong addition to the squad, admits the decision lies with boss Rafa Benitez.

He added: "Carlos is a great player and he could be very useful to Liverpool in my opinion.

"But the truth is that I would never dare to ask Rafa Benitez or any other coach to bring a player to a club.

"If he asked me, I would tell him my opinion, but that's the only context in which I would tell him what I think.”

No comments: