Monday, June 23, 2008

Roma’s Riise Sets New Targets, Thanks Liverpool

Norway full-back John Arne Riise has disclosed that he moved to Roma from Liverpool for a “new experience” and also revealed that he is looking forward to playing alongside ‘idol’ Francesco Totti.

The 27-year-old left-back/left-winger joined the Serie A outfit in a reported £4m deal after spending seven years at Anfield.

With Roma having finished runners-up to Inter last season in the Italian league, Riise is keen that Luciano Spalletti’s side finish top of the tree in the next season.

"We start from second place, and in sport you always work for improvement,” Riisie told Tuttosport. “We must make another step forward.

“For sure the city is beautiful, it is hot and the climate is lovely. Indeed at 9am you are already gasping for air.

“I came here to work hard. Roma are a great club. I needed a new experience, to learn another language, and a new culture. I wanted to make a life-change and for this my thanks go to my friends at Liverpool, to my agent, and to Luciano Spalletti.

“I am curious to get to know Totti, a great, an idol and I believe that with him it will be fun.”

No comments: