Monday, June 23, 2008

Juve Set To Make Bid For Alonso

Juventus are set to make their first official move for Xabi Alonso this week after the player hinted he fancied a move to Italy.

And Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is hopeful that his £16million valuation will be matched as he continues his quest to maximise his assets to build more transfer funds.

Juve have confirmed their pursuit of the midfielder but have been pondering over their move in light of interest in at least two other players in the same position.

But they have been alerted by Alonso speaking of his “fascination” with Italian football over the weekend and will look to prise him away form Anfield this week, although he is still involved in Euro 2008.

“I have little to say about Juve because at the moment I am very focused on Euro 2008 and on Spain,” said Alonso before his side reached then semi-finals with victory over Italy last night.

“I don’t have any news on my future, at this time my future is only the Euros.

“We’ll see what will happen with Juve. It’s difficult to say today. I spent four fantastic years at Liverpool, but I have to admit that I have always been fascinated by Italian football.

No comments: