Sunday, June 09, 2013

Robben & Suarez Swap Deal Off

The reported swap deal between Liverpool and Bayern Munich for Luis Suarez and Arjen Robben is off as the Dutchman has no intentions of leaving the Allianz Arena.

Suarez is unsure whether he wants to stay at Anfield after another controversial season at the Reds and had been tipped with a move to the Champions League winners with Robben coming in the opposite direction.

"It is football, nothing is a certainty. This is a profession where anything can happen," Robben, who netted the winning goal in the Champions League final, told German newspaper Bild.

"I want to avoid any speculation, though. I am feeling very well here and I have a contract until 2015. Leaving Bayern is not an option for me at this point.

"There is absolutely no reason to leave, so I intend to stay put."

No comments: