Monday, November 15, 2010

Starlet's Anfield Dream

Liverpool record breaker Jack Robinson has revealed how he dreams of starring as a first-team regular at Anfield.

The tough-tackling full-back became the Reds' youngest ever player when he appeared as a substitute on the final day of the 2009-10 Barclays Premier League season at Hull City, aged just 16 years and 250 days.

Robinson is now an established member of John McMahon's reserve squad - but he's hoping to progress sufficiently over the coming seasons to achieve a lifelong ambition of running out in front of the Kop on a regular basis for the senior side.

The 17-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Having had that little taste of the first team, it's definitely where I want to be. That is my goal - to try and get back there in the next three or four years.

"Hopefully it's a realistic aim. I'm in the reserves now and if I can keep progressing and have a full year with the reserves, then maybe I can be involved in pre-season with the first team next summer.

"Then, if I do well, hopefully I might get a few chances next season."

Robinson was included in Liverpool's first-team pre-season preparations in Switzerland by Roy Hodgson during the summer.

He also figured as a substitute in the friendlies with Grasshoppers and Kaiserslautern.

Robinson added: "A lot of first-team players were there and they helped me a lot, telling me what to do. Even if I did something wrong, they'd pat me on the back, tell me to forget about it and to carry on.

"Roy was very helpful. He was always talking to me and letting me know whether he thought I was performing well or not so good.

"It was a great experience for me."

No comments: