Sunday, May 09, 2010

Liverpool FC Letters: Fans Lend Their Support To Under-Fire Rafa Benitez

I want to make it absolutely clear that the vast majority of our fans want Rafael Benitez to remain as manager.

We still believe that Benitez is the best tactician in world football.

We are a family club and nobody understands the wishes and feelings of local Liverpool fans better than Spaniard Rafael Benitez.

As a lifelong fan I feel that Sky and other media outlets do not give our manager the credit that he deserves and are chiefly responsible for the pressure he finds himself under.

Next year is our year, and that is a fact.

RG Silent, via email

I and many thousands of our great club are sick and tired of the negativity being spouted in the media about our manager Rafa Benitez.

Yes he has made mistakes but it seems apparent to many of us that it is a media campaign to get Rafa the sack or force him out.

He is asked questions which should be aimed at the American owners or their representatives on the board.

I back Rafa 100% and want him to stay.

Stephen Herron, via email

I am a Benitez supporter and would like him to stay.

Clearly the media have a different agenda and want to see Rafa out.

Charlie, via email

I am a life long supporter of Liverpool Football Club.

The majority of us are 150% behind our manager and are fed up with all the media speculation and boardroom difficulties.

We want Rafa to stay and show our support for him.

Taimur Shoaib, via email

I just want to clarify that, in the likely event of media reports of ‘supporters want Rafa out,’ this is, for me and many others, simply not true.

He brought us Istanbul and made us the best ranked team in Europe. He made us play the best football I’ve seen for a long time.

He always appears with dignity and humility. He has my absolute backing.

Emil Persson, via email

Having followed LFC for some 65 years, from the age of 8 to 73, I can now say we are seeing the most negative and boring football from any Liverpool manager.

Since Rafa’s arrival we have been treated to rotation, zonal defence and his idea of attacking is one man up front and two holding midfielders. He has zero man-management skills (see the Alonso-Gareth Barry saga, among others) and is an almost failure in the transfer market.

I’ve given up expecting the title while he is here.

The Yanks may have caused mayhem but would any sane person give Rafa £80m to spend?

Bill Sixsmith, Aughton

I am a Liverpool fan born and bred and would like to say most Liverpool fans don’t want Rafa Benitez at the club anymore.

He has taken us as far as he can and now we’re going backward. He has wasted a lot of money and I want to see my club going forward in a good and positive way.

If Rafa has any respect for the club and the fans he should leave.

Joyce, name and address not supplied.

No comments: