Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Alberto Aquilani Dreams Of Being The King Of The Kop As Liverpool Debut Edges Nearer


Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani is desperate to score at Anfield to put his injury nightmare behind him.

The Italian has yet to play for the Reds after arriving from Roma in the summer during his recovery from surgery on his ankle.

The 25-year-old, bought for £20million as a replacement for Xabi Alonso as the Spaniard joined Real Madrid, told LFC Weekly Magazine: 'It's not been easy for me.

I moved to a new club in a different country and have been unable to play or train properly. When you are not involved with the team it is not a good feeling.

'It is my ambition to score at the Kop end though. I've thought about it a lot during my rehab here. Anfield is a great stadium with a superb atmosphere. I can't wait to play in front of that crowd.'

No comments: