Thursday, July 30, 2009

Krisztian Nemeth Hoping For Liverpool Breakthrough This Season


Liverpool striker Krisztian Nemeth is optimistic that his good showing in the Reds' pre-season tour of Asia is an indicator that he is set to make an impression on the Anfield first team this year.

Nemeth has attracted plaudits for his performances in the Reds' pre-season fixtures, and capped his tour of Asia by bagging a brace in the side's 5-0 drubbing of Singapore.

After spending much of last season on the sidelines following good performances in the title-winning Liverpool reserve team in 2007-08, the 20-year-old now hopes he can move things up a level in the season to come.

"Last year I was injured - I hope this year will be better," the player told the Reds' official website.

"I am young and I have been learning every day out here. The Singapore game was very good after two weeks' hard work. Every day we've had two training sessions - it's been really hard.

"But we showed in this game that we are getting fit. We enjoyed it.

"Dirk [Kuyt] gave me two very good passes and I was happy to score. I'm happy, I've enjoyed myself and the fans in Asia have been unbelievable."

No comments: