Sunday, February 15, 2009

Starlet Targets Return To Form

Damien Plessis has set his sights on recapturing the form that saw him make the breakthrough into Rafael Benitez's first-team.

The French midfielder caught the eye after making his debut against Arsenal last season and has now made seven appearances for the club in total.

He admits he has seen a huge improvement in his game since swapping Lyon for Liverpool and is determined to continue his development and force his way back into the manager's plans on a more regular basis.

"Playing for the first team is always a proud experience for me and for all the young boys," he told LFC Magazine. "But just because you have had a small taste does not mean that there are any guarantees that the chance will come along again.

"I was last involved with the team against Tottenham and it was a very difficult evening. None of us can say honestly that we have done our chances any good in that game.

"So for me it is important that I get back to my best form in the reserve team, consistently, and demonstrate in training every day that I am playing at a high level. Then, hopefully, I can get involved again in the team."

He added: "I think I have improved a lot with the coaching here at Liverpool. I arrived here with experience of France and nothing else and now I have improved.

"In England, where the game is so much quicker, you have to get better. You have less time on the ball before you are tackled, so your touch has to be precise- not just some of the time, but all of the time.

"For the same reasons you have to make faster and better decisions with your passes. I have also become stronger physically than I was when I arrived. I am young, and I still have a lot of things to learn but I am improving every day and hopefully if I listen to what the coaches tell me and use the examples of the experienced players then I can do it."

No comments: