Thursday, September 11, 2008

Brazilian Starlet Feels At Home

New Brazilian striker Vitor Flora has thanked Lucas Leiva, Fabio Aurelio and Diego Cavalieri for helping him settle into new surroundings at Melwood.

The 18-year-old striker - who signed for the Reds last month - admits having fellow countrymen already at the club has made life a whole lot easier for him.

"I have received tremendous support from Lucas and Fabio since I came here and also Diego, said Flora.”Rafa Benitez is like a father figure, I say, a good person and very simplistic."

The player, who spent last season with Brazilian outfit Botafogo, spent some time at Melwood on trial during the summer and proved his worth before Liverpool signed him up on a permanent basis.

He will feature in Gary Ablett's reserve team squad this season and is eager to show his quality to repay the faith shown in him.

"The English football is the one most desired by all players and one of the most difficult to succeed in," he added.

"I am very happy here. I already felt that Liverpool were great and now, knowing the structure and organization more closely, the club has become even greater.

"I have already had four training sessions with the first team and I participated in a friendly against them on Friday.

"Although the majority of them are with their international teams, it was a great experience as, before, I had only been working with the ball or possession."

No comments: